Monday, February 25, 2013

Gold Coast ride completed!

I've taken some Good photos lately, but cannot share them until we get to a town library. We made our goal of reaching Brisbane, but more like swimming than  
riding. We rode along a flooded road deeper than our packs. Just before crossing the water, "A snake !" It was an earthworm.

Yesterday Shirley's front shifter cable broke. As she pulled to the shoulder to see what went wrong, her guardian angel walked up. "I'll get my helper to drive you to the bike shop then you can use my shop to fix it". Oh and he gave us two nice caps as well. In an hour we were on our way. Coincidentally, Shirley has an angel pin on her jacket most days.

We are spending our last two weeks riding north of Brisbane. I bought a Queensland map. "I can sell you a map young man, but you'll need a boat around here!" said the store clerk. Check out Bundaberg floods on the web.


No comments:

Post a Comment