Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Testing new technology

At about the 1000 km mark, my new chainless, deraileurless True North bike has been performing very well.

I want to know what tube Hugh put in those tires! I have not had to add air and we've been on the road for a full week. The Rohloff internal hub gears, in combination with the Gates belt drive is working flawlessly. I see no evidence of wear on the belt despite many hundreds of meters gringing uphill.

It is a pleasure to shift, so I tend to do more shifting and thus choose a better gear. The low gear is adequately low for some of these KY & VA hills nearing 10% grade. This is a due to Hugh of True North Cycles having selected proper pulleys according to my needs. With only a belt to dust off, I see less maintenance while we're starting to think about a dirty chain clean for Shirley's bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment